The provision of our Bed and Breakfast services are governed by these terms and conditions, to which you implicitly agree upon confirmation of your reservation. We will endeavour to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable, based on mutual respect and reasonable obligations to one another. Should you require any clarification please feel free to e-mail us.
• Our premises are non-smoking.
• We cannot accept accompanying pets (we have our own resident dog — a small poodle).
• We provide an upstairs bedroom with British double bed (137cm/4' 6" wide x 195cm/6'5" long). You have exclusive use of bathroom facilities opposite the bedroom. Additional beds or child cots are not available — bed linen and towels are changed weekly.
• A continental style breakfast is served in our dining room (bread, jams, honey, muesli, yoghurt, seasonal berries, fruit juice, coffee/tea) — we ask you not to consume food in the bedroom.
• You must notify us of any special requirements (dietary or otherwise), at the point of reservation.
• Cooking and clothes washing facilities are not available. However, for long stays we are amenable to occasional ready-meals being eaten in our dining room.
• We only take reservations from adults (18 years +). All reservations must be confirmed by us, via e-mail, and require your mobile (cell) contact number. Reservations are only accepted for the person making the reservation (by you, for you and any partner), not for third parties. We do not take street callers and use of our premises is restricted exclusively to the person(s) for whom the reservation has been made. If any doubt as to identity should arise, guests may be required to produce photo ID (e.g. driving licence, passport).
• We shall cancel your reservation if you fail to check in by the end of the appointed day (23:59 local time). If you have alerted us to an unavoidable delay, at our discretion, we may agree to keep your reservation for one more day, whilst reserving the right to charge for the unused night.
• Check in from 3 PM and check out by 10 AM. However, depending on turnover, earlier check in or later check out might be possible. You are welcome to store your bags with us on the day of your arrival or departure.
• On arrival we ask guests to fill in a registration form and to provide emergency contact details.
• We accept payment only in pound sterling cash, on arrival please (receipt provided). However, at our discretion, for long stays and special cases (e.g. grant funding by recognised institutions) we may accept advanced payment by bank transfer (contact us for details).
• Should you wish to curtail your stay, any refund for redundant nights shall be entirely at our discretion. In cases of cancellation of advanced payment reservation, any refund will only apply to funds cleared to our account as follows: 90% refund for cancelation more than 14 days prior to arrival, 50% refund for cancelation between 14 and 7 days prior to arrival and none thereafter. We shall only refund via bank transfer, not as cash, deducting any relevant commission or bank charges.
• We ask that you remove shoes whilst inside the house and wear the rubber-soled sandals provided (both for cleanliness and minimising the risk of slipping).
• We do not provide house keys (other than in exceptional circumstances and for which a lock replacement fee of £50 is charged, in the event of key loss).
• If roadside parking is required, guests are responsible for appropriately displaying the free parking permit provided by us (one for each weekday, between 10 am and midday).
• To forestall undue concern, please kindly inform us if you intend returning later than 11 pm.
• Those with a pronounced aversion to noise should note that the whole of Kew is subject to some aircraft disturbance. Otherwise, this generally quiet residential area is rarely subject to unwarranted noise (e.g. neighbour's party).
• Free unrestricted internet access is provided, but we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, nor the quality, security or propriety of online content. Guests must not download or upload any illicit material or code, or anything deemed as threatening or offensive, or that requires excessive data bandwidth.
• By accessing our website you implicitly consent to the use of 'cookies', e.g. by Google Analytics. You may control or delete cookies on your devices – see www.aboutcookies.org.
• Medical & Dental Services — depending on nationality or residency status, you may not be eligible for free NHS medical services (appropriate insurance might be advisable).
• Disposal of Property — we shall notify you, by e-mail, should any of your belongings be left on our premises. In the absence of any reply, or a failure to make reasonable arrangements, we may dispose of said items 10 days following your check out (at no cost or liability to us).
• Accidental Damage — at our absolute discretion we may require payment (prior to the end of your stay) for the cost of repair or replacement, due to damage or breakages caused by you.
• Code of Conduct — at our absolute discretion we may cancel your reservation or terminate your stay with us, as a consequence of: false representation; offensive or antisocial behaviour; negligent or wilful damage to property; dangerous or illicit activities. If, in our opinion, reasonable norms of conduct have been violated, you will forfeit all rights to our services and we shall ask you to leave, with immediate effect. Additionally, we shall be under no obligation to refund you for any outstanding period, and you may be held accountable for any loss or damage we may have incurred.
• Force Majeure — unexpected circumstances whereby it becomes impracticable or unsafe for us to fulfil our obligations (during or prior to your stay). In this unlikely event (e.g. major plumbing or electrical failures, flooding or other disasters), we will endeavour to mitigate fallout by working with you to find alternative accommodation, but can offer no guarantees.
• We regret that we cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to guests' belongings, nor for accidental injury suffered whilst on our premises.
• Finally, we do not ask for testimonials, but we welcome personal feedback or reviews.
E&OE - Subject to change without notice
Last revised 29 May 2019