• Our premises are entirely non-smoking or vaping (excluding outdoors vaping).
• We do not accept accompanying pets—our own resident dog, a small poodle, is free to roam the garden. Guests must ensure that side passage gates are always securely closed. Please also note that urban foxes are common in Kew and you may encounter them in our garden (or on the road). Their night-time cries can be unnerving, for those unfamiliar with the sound, but they are harmless, timid creatures. However, foxes are inquisitive and hence we encourage guests to use the window restrictors provided.
• Those with mobility difficulty should note that cabin access requires negotiating a gravel path and two doorsteps. Regrettably, this renders the cabin unsuitable for wheelchair use. Additionally, tall persons should note that doorways are under 2 metres and the bathroom ceiling is 2 metres high.
• We provide a compact, self-contained cabin with en suite shower facilities, located at the rear of our communal garden, with independent access via a side passage. The cabin has a British king-size double bed (150cm wide x 195cm long), a work-desk and kitchenette. Additional beds or child cots/cribs are not available; bed linen and towels are changed weekly.
• The kitchenette is provisioned with: fridge-freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle and a Nespresso.
• As a courtesy to future guests, please avoid heating spicy foods or using strong scents, as these may leave lingering odours that can last for days.
• Self-service continental breakfast is provided in the cabin: bread, jam, honey, muesli, yoghurt, fruit juice, coffee and tea.
• To avoid having to cut short your stay, it is imperative that guests observe the posted house rules. Chief among these are:
1. Only flush toilet paper in the macerator toilet (absolutely nothing else e.g. no sanitary or cosmetic products of any kind).
2. Food waste must not be washed down the sink (leftovers, coffee grounds, fats, oils etc).
Bins are provided in the bathroom and by the kitchenette (and a recycling bin outdoors).
3. No candles, incense or flames of any kind (flammable timber structure).
4. No self-isolation, promotional activities or third paties on premises.
• Guests are provided with entrance and cabin keys. For mutual security, the side passage gates must remain securely closed. There is a £50 lock replacement fee, in the event of key loss.
• Free unfiltered internet access is available, but we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, nor the quality, security or probity of online content. Guests must not download or upload any illicit material or code, or anything deemed as threatening or offensive, or that requires excessive bandwidth. We also offer streaming TV, but cannot guarantee the quality of service.
• Guests are asked to wear the rubber soled sandals provided, whilst indoors.
• Check in from 3 pm to 10 pm and check out by 10 am. However, we can often accommodate earlier or later times, depending on turnover. Guests are welcome to store their bags with us on the day of arrival or departure.
• To forestall undue concern or cancelation, guests should keep us posted (text or e-mail) about any changes regarding arrival. If you fail to check in by 10 pm (22:00 hours local time) of the appointed day, your reservation will be cancelled unless you have alerted us to an unavoidable delay, in which case, at our discretion, we may hold your reservation whilst retaining the right to charge for any unused night(s).
• Upon arrival, guests are required to register online and to provide emergency contact details.
• To avoid triggering an emergency response, guests should notify us if they intend spending any night away, during the period of their stay with us.
• Roadside parking is readily available, but a permit is required for each weekday between 10 am and 12 noon (unrestricted parking is also available within a block of us). We have a limited supply of free permits and hence cannot guarantee extended availability (more than 3 weekdays). Guests are responsible for either displaying a daily permit or parking in unrestricted areas.
• Clothes washing facilities are not on offer. However, dry cleaning and laundrette services are available within 5 minutes walk.
• Those with pronounced aversion to noise should note that the whole of Kew is subject to varying levels of aircraft noise. Additionally, fox barks or screeches may be heard during the night. But train or other disturbances are seldom of concern in this residential neighbourhood.
• Prospective guests must notify us of any special requirements or circumstances (dietary or otherwise), prior to confirmation of reservation.
• We only take reservations from and for adults (18 years plus — our premises are unsuitable for children). All reservations must be confirmed by us, via email, and require your mobile (cell) contact number. Reservations are only accepted for the person making the reservation (by you, for you and any partner), not for third parties. We do not take street callers and use of our premises is restricted exclusively to the person(s) for whom the reservation has been made. If any doubt as to identity should arise, guests may be required to produce photo ID (e.g. driving licence, passport).
• Under no circumstances may our premises be used for any form of self-isolation, quarantining or convalescence — see COVID
. Nor may our premises be used for any for-profit activity whatsoever (e.g. business or promotional pursuits), or for social gatherings, parties etc—absolutely no third parties.
• We take payment in full on the day of arrival, in pound sterling cash or via PayPal (receipt/invoice provided). Should you opt for PayPal, there is no surcharge and we will invoice you, via email, for immediate payment. A PayPal account is not required; you may pay by debit or credit card by following the link provided. If, for any reason whatsoever, we are unable to process or fail to receive your PayPal payment, within 12 hours of arrival, we shall require payment in cash forthwith.
• At our discretion and only in special cases (e.g. grant funding by recognised institutions), we may accept advanced payment by bank transfer (contact us for details).
• Should you wish to curtail your stay, any refund for redundant nights shall be entirely at our discretion. Any discretionary refund shall be subject to deduction of relevant commissions and transaction fees, and payable via PayPal or bank transfer, not as cash.
• In cases of cancellation of advanced payment reservation, we shall refund as follows: 90% refund for cancelation greater than 14 days prior to arrival, 50% refund for cancelation between 14 and 7 days prior to arrival and none thereafter. Any refund will only apply to funds cleared to our account and be made via bank transfer to the original source, deducted of any charge back, commission and transaction fees.
• By accessing our website you implicitly consent to the use of 'cookies'.
• We respect your right to privacy
and do not disclose personal information. We also expect you to respect our privacy and that of our home, for example, by not photographing or filming without consent.
• Medical & Dental Services — depending on nationality or residency status, you may not be eligible for free NHS health services (you should have appropriate insurance).
• Disposal of Property — we shall notify you, by email, should any of your belongings be left on our premises. In the absence of any reply, or a failure to make reasonable arrangements, we may dispose of said items 10 days following your check out (at no cost or liability to ourselves).
• Accidental Damage — at our absolute discretion we may require payment (prior to the end of your stay) for the cost of repair or replacement, due to damage or breakages caused by you.
• Code of Conduct — at our absolute discretion we may cancel your reservation or terminate your stay with us as a consequence of: false representation; offensive or antisocial behaviour; negligent or wilful damage to property; dangerous or illicit activities. If, in our opinion, reasonable norms of social conduct have been breached, you will forfeit all rights to our services and we shall require you to leave, with immediate effect. Additionally, we shall be under no obligation to refund you for any outstanding period, and you may be held accountable for any loss or damage we may have incurred.
• Force Majeure — unexpected circumstances whereby it becomes impracticable or unsafe for us to fulfil our obligations (prior to or during your stay). In such an event (e.g. plumbing or electrical failures, services interruption, damage by previous occupier, or public safety issues including COVID
), we will endeavour to mitigate disruption by suggesting alternatives, but can offer no guarantees. We will also refund any unutilized nights, via PayPal or bank transfer, less relevant commissions and transaction fees.
• We regret that we cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to guests' belongings, nor for accidental injury sustained whilst on our premises.
• Finally, we do not ask for testimonials, but we welcome personal feedback or reviews
E&OE - Subject to change without notice
Last revised 5 July 2021